Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wk2 Deeper Discussion: Podcast in Education

Podcasts that can help out in my classroom include:

1. www.nationalgeographic.com/podcasts

This year I will be teaching 1st and 2nd grade. Animals are always a favorite amongst this age group. One goal this year is to get my little ones writing. I would love to show them these podcasts and get reflective journals, poems, narratives, etc from them just viewing it in one of our centers.

2. http://www.childrenstory.info/index.htm

I teach in a private Christian school, so Bible is a core subject. This podcast provides hours of Bible stories that will correlate with our classroom studies, as well as the classic coloring sheets that will go along with the stories.

3. http://learninginhand.com/creating-podcasts/

This isn't exactly a podcast, it will help you find them and learn all about them. The reason I selected this site is because I would love to do a bi-weekly podcast with my students. This site maps out how exactly to do it, and it will be perfect documentation to go back and listen to/watch as a I plan my school years during the summers.

4. http://www.mathtrain.tv/index.php

Last year I taught middle school and this site would have been perfect for them. Various explanations of the same subject matter would have beneficial for a number of the students. This also would give them an idea as to what is expected when podcasting assignments were introduced into the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment