This was by far the most entertaining Wimba I have attended throughout this program. I felt like I was ten steps behind because it seemed like the instructor had carried on Wimbas with this group of students in the past. Everybody seemed to know what was going on, all the terms, the personalities of others, etc. This was the first Wimba where I had to question had I been attending these sessions, lol! (Side note: I did miss a few over the past year and half, but not that many to have missed a connection like that. Just goes to show what happens when a class stays together throughout the year. My class is long gone, but we had that connection as well. Miss you guys March '11!!!)
The show and tell was a very nice icebreaker and made me feel comfy. Overall, there is an edge associated with Wimba that I never really liked. I am a quiet person unless I know you. I would have been able to share my thoughts this go round. My questions were answered, if I had any were answered. Some I didn’t have until someone said something. The questions concerning signing up for the presentation were key. However, I am one of the ones who will not make it. So I was looking for a little more direction as it pertains to what the “special cases” are to do. I am currently house hunting in a new city and have to retreat to restaurants and libraries to submit my work. (Not the most comfortable as a growing pregnant woman, lol! But we are at the end of the program…let’s go!!!) So I have to plan and I still feel a bit unsure on what to do. I was looking for a little more direction on the abstract, just to make sure I was headed in the right direction. I really don’t want to have to do it over. Truth be told, I am tired, lol! I love what I learned in this program, but it has pulled more out of my brain than I ever imagined. (For that I am grateful!!!) I guess this is a good place to talk about the reading. It was nice to HEAR others opinions. When I believe it was Jenny G said that her insides didn’t agree with the “easy A” theory, I was just happy to hear transparency. While it is a good book, part of your body does argue. Everyone’s argument may be different, but it is human nature to argue against “the simple solution” as Manny I believe put it. I think Jen’s comment hit hardest with her current trial, as I would like to call it, with the education system. It saddens my heart that it has come to this, and that is really all I can say about that seeing that I don’t think you want to read a dissertation for my blog post. I really have a lot of fire in me when it comes to this issue. I pray it is as Jason says, and that the pendulum will swing away from this mess. I liked the Ben Z video the most I think. The way he presented what he had to say made my eyes shine and I was watching in the corner of a library nowhere near the time and place of the presentation. It made me resolve that I wanted “shining eyes” in my classroom. I want my babies, (I know that I shouldn’t call them that, but I really cannot help it. I have a Mommy spirit…) my tweens, to experience success and I want them to feel free to do whatever it takes to accomplish this.
No comments:
Post a Comment