
*Image courtesy of the NAD education site
When I think about my Publishing/Leadership project, a lot of ideas flood my mind. I will share a few here. Last year, the school I was employed at had some extreme issue with parent involvement, as well as technology. The idea of sharing my AR project appeals to me mostly in a Education Club meeting at local universities to give pre-service teachers something to think about. It also appeals to me in reference to Christian private schools. There seems to be so much segregation between them all when their goal is essential the same. So why not meet together to share ideas that will promote growth and efficiency that have nothing to do with doctrine? I believe a Christian School Leadership Conference should be planned, I would love to share my AR project with such a population in presentation manner. My particular denomination has a teacher's convention planned in Nashville in August 2012. It is a really big ordeal with hundreds of workshops, seminars, and presenters. I am not sure if I have enough courage to do that yet, but I will say that presenting at this convention is a long term goal of mine. I am not certain if we are restricted to the list of Journals/Conferences that are on Sue's list, but for this particular class, since I have no idea who these people are a paper appeals to me. Time wise, a paper makes my stomach turn, but I feel it may be doable. Since the presentation slides are small in number, I may do a presentation that will include some of the items that I did not necessarily get to put in the sight as of yet. I am really struggling between what will give me enough information to present in the WIMBA session. This project initially sounded overwhelming, but now it actually sounds cool, and a challenge. In the end, I may do both. There is a certain thrill attached to writing a paper and submitting it to a journal. I think I would like more time to perfect it, so I may just go with a presentation slide show for now, simultaneously working on a paper that I really want to share with a journal. That would be a real accomplishment.
No comments:
Post a Comment