This week's WIMBA gave a little more clarity to the copyright issue. I still don't like all aspects of it, and it remains a shade of grey. However, I feel like the way I have used it is still within the boundaries of me not stealing, lol.
The comment that Elaine made resonated with me. I am of the same thought and feelings regarding my work. I made it to be enjoyed and inspiring to someone else. If another idea comes to fruition because of something I have done-go ahead! As long as you are not taking my stuff and saying that it is yours, I am okay. If you need to use it, just say "I got this from Kym!" (in a matter of speaking) and I am okay.
For those who do not feel it is okay, a copyright mark, stamp, etc. would be a good idea. It would be the universal "I am not okay with you using my work." At this point, I would do my best to follow all copyright laws (fair usage) because it was expressed. In fact, I would most likely just leave their works alone 100%. I like little complication in my life and lesson planning, so I would just use something else.
I am not sure how to go about starting this process and even if it would catch on for those who have lots of materials out there for the world to view and hear. However, may be if a 'from this point forward' rule would be passed, the confusion would be much less for future generations. This is really my concern since I am confused at the age that I am and struggling with how to correctly incorporate other works for supplemental use in my classroom.
(Also, was happy that you guys are helping me with my website! Thanks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment