Posted by Veronica: Do you really think that it’s all invented?
“A shoe factory sends two marketing scouts to a region of Africa to study the prospects for expanding business. One sends back a telegram saying, Situation hopeless stop no one wears shoes, the other writes back triumphantly, Glorious business opportunity stop they have no shoes.” (The Art of Possibility, p9)
These two marketing scouts see the situation in two different ways. For one of them, there’s no possibility because no one wears shoes. The other sees a lot of business possibilities because if they don’t have shoes, it would be a good opportunity to introduce the shoes to them. Not everybody sees the things in the same way. Many people don’t see all the possibilities that live give us. They pass thru live like blinds; they are not able to see all the opportunities that live give us. We have to thing out of the box that we living.
Do you think that it’s all invented?
Stepping into a Universe of Possibility
The World of Measurement: We live in a World in where we measure everything. Scales, grades, assessments, standards and comparisons hold us. People lives their life’s looking for success and looking to be in a better place than they are now. In this journey we find many obstacles. Living in a world of measurement we are wining and losing, the gaining of acceptance and been threatened of been rejected.
We live in the assumption that life is about staying alive and making it through. We need to survive.
Giving an A
“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure” Sven Goran Ericksson
Never is too late or too early to succeed. If you want to earn A’s it requires a lot of effort. Be positive and determined. Sometimes doing your best is not enough. Don’t be afraid to do even better.
• To achieve you should respect your teachers and classmates.
• Make sure you have all the materials necessary for that subject.
• Go to every class prepared.
• Always take notes. Have a paper and pencil ready to write down any information that you think will be helpful.
• Be sure to complete all assignments and projects assigned by your professor.
• If you don’t understand something or you are confused with anything in the class; ask your teacher.
• Use the school resources. Many schools and universities offer tutoring. Ask your teacher about tutoring.
• It is very important to get a good sleep every night, you would be more focused in class.
• Always show up for class. Do not skip any classes. Don’t fall behind, it will be harder for you to catch up. Always be on time.
Getting involved in school clubs or extra activities are also important. You also need to participate in other activities as well. Join school groups.
Remember; never let your fears take over. Stay positive and you can achieve anything. A little extra effort never hurt anybody.
Being a Contribution
Yesterday I was watching the television and the reporter was interviewing a mother that was very sick. She lives in Miami Florida. She was talking how her live changed from one day to another. She was diagnosed with a tumor behind the right eye. She has three kids and her only choice to live was to have a laser treatment that cost $20,000. The problem is that she doesn’t have enough time for the treatment and she don’t have the money. What was my contribution to her, of course money, but that was not the biggest contribution that I gave her. I gave her hope; I send her a message telling her that she needs faith and pray and pray. God always hear us. For my surprise she write back to me, giving me thanks for giving her hope for life. My biggest contribution wasn’t the money; it was my words of hope.
My Response: When I first started reading, I was torn on how to right a blog about it. There was so much I just knew it had to be addressed by chapter. I am glad I was not the only one who thought that way. :)
Out of all of the chapters, the last one had me thinking most about the ways in which I see myself as a contribution. What do I give of myself? How often do I do it?
Someone may have read that chapter and went into serious thought. However, I find it very refreshing that you were able to recognize that you don't have to all of the means in this life to help the next person or the society at large. Use what you have. In your case, you used your faith in God and gift of encouragement. Keep doing the simple things that go much further than one may first imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment