Sunday, April 3, 2011

New Life...The Choice

I only began a blog because it was a requirement for one of my grad courses. That class is months behind me, and I still have a blog. I decided to wipe off the cobwebs that it was so easily collecting and use this thing like it is supposed to be used. I have decided that the life I have is boring to say the very least. As boring as it is, I still can't organize it. I choose not to live like this any longer. My new life begins today, April 3. I haven't even decided what it is I want to become or any short term goals for that matter. I do, however, know that I am currently a teacher, student, puppy mother, cook, laundress, hairstylist, and most recently a wife. I will balance all of my hats. I will use my blogs to help remember what it is I have done and what I have yet to do. I will let my thoughts by bound only by this cyber canvas...

Although the specifics have not been haggled over, and the sketches of new life have yet to be initiated, one thing is for sure...I greatly desire NEW LIFE. It is mine for the taking. I just have to be intentional, deliberate, consistent, and fearless.

So cheers to my own journey...no other glasses needed. If they are offered, of course, the more the merrier. However, part of this journey is also about freeing myself from the desire to have others approve. That has been a pitfall that has been hit way too many times in this road. No more...

April 3
Calls-Mom, Carey, Car Insurance
School-Newsletter, post grades and names of future assignments
Errands-Food shopping, pup shopping, fill up gas tank
Home-Clean all bathrooms, clear 1 couch, sweep floor, cook dinner, walk dog, minimum 3 loads of laundry
ME-draw up exercise and devotion routine, iron school clothes
Husband-go for a walk, minimum one game of scrabble, discuss finances
Pay-utilities, cable
School-begin one assignment and attend class
BEDTIME: 1030 pm

I will reward myself by painting my nails if I complete the afore mentioned tasks.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment