My how the quarter has flown by! And in the same breath, I say thank God! This new 4 grade, middle-school, private atmosphere has been an okay journey. I have had to balance a lot. To say the least, I should have saved my receipts for tax return time. Observation#1- The smaller the classroom the more $ will come from the teacher's pocket. Not a bad thing, you just have to be prepared for this type of responsibility. Last minute expenses arise, and there must be an immediate solution: your pocket! Reflection #1- Begin a class fund by any means necessary. Any school fundraiser that you can think of can be used to flow in to this "account." Observation #2- Need to take it back to the old school: paper documentation will never fail. Computers are awesome. However, if your run in to serious issues, that usually means serious time, effort, and $. Even though it is double work for some, it is covering YOU twice. You never want to have to say to a parent, "I'm not sure." So just take upfront to do all you can to provide, play-by-play progress. That in no means signifies daily or even weekly reports. Should you need it, you want to say, "Let me check." Observation #3-The goal is never to fail a child unless there is just no other option. Acknowledge their strengths. It builds trust and respect. Reflection#3- Luckily, I have minimal issues in this area. My kids are trying! We will be just fine by the end of the year!
Three observations/reflections to take with me into the new quarter. But most of all, I dare not move without taking Jesus along for the ride. Public or private, you just need prayer to make it through.
Ms. P
Goals 2nd quarter
-integrate more technology
-more teacher-student conferences
-time to venture outdoors!
No comments:
Post a Comment