This is my last weekend before school begins on Monday. I have not had any breaks really this summer. Many people think that teachers only became teachers because of the breaks that were available. I hope this stands as proof that while that is a perk, it is not the reason. After all, one is not promised the breaks.
I am in a new classroom, new grade level(s), subject specific, Christian environment this go round. At this very juncture in the road last year, my new school only had 18 kids, and considered closing. But, the effectual, fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much! We are beginning with right around 65 students! I am responsible for 14 of them directly.
A smaller class by far compared to previous years. The responsibility, however, maybe much greater. A smaller class provides one with the opportunity to teach and educate more. More of one's self is given because of the lighter student load. A teacher cannot help but to try and give everything for the ever developing, questioning babies.
Be not confused, I am not teaching babies. I am teaching 5-8th Language Arts, P.E., Spanish for 7&8, and Bible for the two lower grades. It is a full load with big kids. However, we are together so much, I feel like they are mine, and refer to them as my babies.
As this journey begins, there are plenty of things I can think of that makes this journey a bit daunting. However, I know that I am here for a specific purpose, and the God I serve WILL see me through.
I will be documenting the ups and the downs of my classroom experience. (You may still recognize a few posts from grad school. Don't ignore them, but be aware that the posts may not all pertain to JAX1011... )
Please lift me up as I strive to be "just what they need most."
Ms.P
No comments:
Post a Comment