
Twiducate, in a nutshell, is a social network for the school/classroom setting. It's features include creating different classes, posting to the class, and bookmarking sites/information that is specific to that class. It is easy to navigate, and also allows you to make updates from your mobile device. The beauty of this school network is that it can be accessed from outside of the school. In the recent past, schools have developed similar systems, but it was limited by the four walls of the school. This site not only acts as a social network, but also a place where students can collaborate for projects, receive peer tutoring, and ask questions in a forum that may be more comfortable for them. The teacher will create an account for each student, and the site will generate a generic password which they will use to sign in. It can be changed at any point. On the home page, students type in a classroom code, which the teacher chooses and distributes to the class. They will also type in their personal password. They are now ready to Twiducate.

The teacher can post important dates, homework reminders, and determine whether to allow students to edit/delete their own post. This site could easily be used in the technology center of any classroom. The teacher could post the agenda, homework, problem or the day, etc. right here, and students could navigate easily to the site of interest if they are bookmarked. I would personally use this setting for the problem of the day, as well as I would make this a center rotation. I could easily make this their journal for Writing. All of their work would be in one place, and I can provide timely feedback. It would also provide the opportunity for student feedback, which I could monitor. The site is only four months old (approx.) and offers the basics. I'm sure over time, with more feedback from it's users, it will develop even more. However, what it offers now is enough for me to use in my Literacy classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment